KURIOUS Katie

Thursday, December 29, 2011

TRANSITIONING...

Sooo Christmas is over :(.  Putting up Christmas decor is much more fun that taking it down.
But I will say it is nice to have everything back in its place. Now I guess we have to look forward to New Years Eve, BCS Championship (Geaux Tigers!!!), and Mardi Gras!
HUGE upcoming game!
I was thinking, as I was putting everything back in order, how far my house has come.  I am a single gal that is a 1st time home owner.  I got a good deal on my house last minute.  I was also on a time crunch because I wanted to be eligible for the tax return on 1st time home buyers.  My mom and my realtor helped me always see the potential in each home I looked at.  I had put in a offer on a townhouse,which was a block away from my parents house, and they had come back with a bad counter-offer....in the meantime my realtor asked if I wanted to check out this one house before I made any more moves and I said sure.  I took a look at this actual house and was a bit nervous because how out-dated it looked.  Being a single girl that has never owned a home, that does not know much on updating the cheap and small way... I did not want a huge project.  But it all worked out and was a project my family worked on.  Here are a few pictures of what the house did look like and how they look now.
BEFORE

AFTER
BEFORE

AFTER
BEFORE (the color on the walls was a "shimmery green" by Ralph Lauren..not a fan of it nor the chair rail)
AFTER
BEFORE (my sister was game planning the attack of what I could do)

AFTER (this was my latest project this fall, I added granite and put in a deep, stainless steel sink which I love)
 I must have to say my house has come a long ways and I enjoy it more with my new updates. I have my family to thank.  They definitely got a work-out painting EVERY room.  Everything in my house I either received as Christmas presents and stored or bought at a bargain.  I always try to be frugal with my money.  But I hope everything pays off when it comes time to sell it.  I'll enjoy it for the time being.  It's amazing what a little paint, new hardware and furniture will do to a space. Until my next project...

Wishing everyone a safe and HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!


5 comments:

  1. Your house is beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New to your blog! Great decor in the after shots! Great job : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to your blog, but I had to comment on your home makeover...it looks so pretty. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome!! And thanks so much. I'm always up for updating or changing things around my house to better it. And always up for suggestions!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you made some BEAUTIFUL changes!! all looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete