KURIOUS Katie

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Productive Weekend

So I have mentioned my friend, Tori, is due any day now.  I have the sewing itch and volunteered to make her a decorative towel for the bathroom.  (Apparently I cannot sew in a straight line.)  I thought it would be project that would take a short amount of time....WRONG! I messed up and had to rip the seam and start over.  I guess over time and the more I sew, the better I will get.  Here is a picture of the towel:
Don't look too close...you'll see the flaws, ha.
So a week ago today my sister and I went to the starving artist sale in Shreveport.  It was my first time and it's really cool.  They have all these different beautiful paintings, different sizes, for GREAT prices! I bought 2!  I had my family over for dinner tonight and put the boys to work to hang my picture in my bedroom.  The other one I will hang in my kitchen, but I'm holding out for a specific frame.

I love this...it reminds me of New Orleans!
This painting will go in my kitchen, hopefully within the next month.


 And thanks to Pinterest, I made 2 recipes from the website tonight.  I made crockpot enchiladas and oreo punch-hole cake.  They were both a success!
Here is the recipe for crockpot enchiladas:
1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 can ranch style beans, drained
1 can rotel tomatoes, drained
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp pepper and salt
1/4 garlic powder
2 cups of shredded colby jack cheese
8 flour tortillas
1 can red enchiladas sauce

cook beefor until done; drain.  meanwhile saute onion and bell pepper in oil under tender.  add onion and pepper to beef.  stir in beans, tomatoes, chili powder, salt, cumin, pepper and garlic powder.  in a slow cooker place two tortillas side by side, overlapping.  layer with beef mixture and cheese then repeat 2 more layers.  Lastly pour enchiladas sauce over all.  cook on low for 2-3 hours.

oreo punch-hole cake
1 box of duncan hines dark chocolate fudge cake box
2 pkgs of instant oreo pudding 
4 cups of milk
crushed oreo

cook cake as box says in 9x13 pan.  when cake is finished, while still warm, poke holes all over cake using a wooden spoon handle.  pour pudding mixture over warm cake.  allow the cake to cool for several minutes on the counter then put into fridge to set up about an hour.  Then sprinkle oreos on top.

1 comment: